Members of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul are men and women who strive to grow spiritually by offering person-to-person service to individuals in need. The St. Vincent de Paul Society offers tangible assistance to those in need on a person-to-person basis. It is this personalized involvement that makes the work of the Society unique. This aid may take the form of intervention, consultation, or often through direct dollar or in-kind service. An essential precept of the Society`s work is to provide help while conscientiously maintaining the confidentiality and dignity of those who are served. The Society recognizes that it must assume, also, a role of advocacy for those who are defenseless or voiceless. Some 12 million persons are helped annually by Vincentians in the United States.
St. Vincent de Paul Society – Epiphany Cathedral / Our Lady of Lourdes Conference serves all people in need in the Venice and Nokomis area.
We provide emergency assistance primarily for:
- Florida Department of Children & Families 14806 Tamiami Trail, North Port, FL (941) 483-5922
- Center of Hope 110 Colonia Avenue, Nokomis (941) 412-9044
- Salvation Army 1051 Albee Farm Road, Venice (941) 484-6227
- Senior Friendship Center 2350 Scenic Drive, Venice, FL (941) 584-0090
- Jewish Family and Children’s Services 777 Shamrock Blvd, Venice FL (941) 504-2338
- St. Mark’s Episcopal Church 513 S. Nassau, Venice, FL (941) 488-7714
- Catholic Charities 5055 N Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL (941) 355-4680
- Saint Vincent de Paul National Council 58 Progress Parkway Maryland Heights, Mo. (314) 576-3993
- St. Vincent de Paul – Church of the Incarnation Bee Ridge Road, Sarasota FL (941) 921-6631
- St. Vincent de Paul – St. Thomas More / St. Michael’s 2506 Gulf Gate Drive, Sarasota FL (941) 447-8950
- St. Vincent de Paul – St. Maximillian Kolbe 21841 Felton Avenue, Port Charlotte (941) 625-6784
- St. Vincent de Paul – San Pedro 14380 Tamiami Trail North Port FL (941) 426 3894